Saturday, December 26, 2009

Crossing the Atlantic

Before entering the Straits of Gibraltar, I got out the Bonine and started taking it. I know from experience that it works and you take it before you need it!
Our cabin stewards (Rosita and Pedro) were great and we loved the nightly folded towels!
Because of the storms at sea we did not follow the great circle route but headed straight across the ocean crossing just south of the Azores (we could see them clearly). We had very rough seas with over 30 foot waves and spray in the windows on the 13th deck! Was pretty exciting and beautiful. Even with the huge size of our ship and the stabilizers - we had lots of motion on board and many passengers and crew ended up confined to their cabins. We did just fine with the Bonine and Bill joined me just to "be sure" and I doubled my dose and we didn't miss anything. Access to the exterior decks was not allowed but all the planned programs and entertainment continued.
I had my Kindle loaded with books to read but there were enough activities during our six days at sea that I only managed to read two books.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: